Looking for a quick way to fix those unsightly dents on your car? Try paintless dent removal, a fast and efficient repair technique offered by most of today’s professional auto body shops. Although first invented more than 80 years ago, paintless dent removal is growing increasingly popular with today’s car owners who want to save time and money while restoring their car to its original appearance.
How it Works
As the name implies, paintless dent removal is a method of repairing auto body dents without having to repaint the damaged area. It involves the use of specialized tools to push the dented area back to its proper form from the inside or to pull it back into place from the outside. Both methods eliminate the need for repainting and refinishing the dent and the area surrounding it.
When Is It Used?
Paintless dent repair works best with small- to medium-size dents, such as hail damage, minor collisions, or the type of dent that occurs when someone opens their car door into another. In most cases, the shallower the dent, the greater the chances of paintless dent repair producing a good outcome. Even dents of several inches in diameter can be successfully restored as long as the metal isn’t stretched and the paint and finish are not compromised by the damage.
The Advantages of Paintless Dent Repair
If the dent is a good candidate for paintless repair, this option offers many advantages over traditional dent repair techniques.
• Quick repairs. Without the need for painting and finishing, this method takes less time, so you get your vehicle back quicker.
• Cost-effective. Paintless dent repair often costs less than your insurance deductible.
• Flexibility. Paintless dent repair works equally well with aluminum and steel panels.
• No paint color mismatches. Paintless dent repair takes the hassle out of getting an exact paint match by keeping the original paint job.
• Eco-friendly. By eliminating the use of paints or solvents, paintless dent repair doesn’t release damaging chemicals into the environment.
At Fix Auto USA, our highly trained technicians have the tools and the experience to perform expert paintless dent repairs that get your car looking like new again. If you have a large dent, we can handle that too. To request an appointment, visit the Fix Auto USA facility closest to you.